Yesterday my father-in-law needed to hook his old HP Photosmart 1215 Inkjet to Windows Vista Home Edition. HP don’t provide a Vista driver for the 1215…
A quick search around the web found that the driver for the Photosmart 7200 works perfectly. He tried it and says it works exactly as it should.
To install the diver use the following steps:
- Click the ‘Start’ Icon, and select ‘Control Panel’ in the start menu.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, double-click the ‘Printers’ icon.
- In the ‘Printers’ window, click the ‘Add a printer’ icon/link in the top menu bar.
- In the ‘Add Printer’ dialog window, select ‘Local Printer’ and ‘Next’.
- When asked to ‘Choose a Printer Port’, select ‘Use an existing port’ and click on the ‘USB001 (virtual printer port for USB)’ item in the list. Then click Next.
- On the following page, select ‘HP’ or ‘Hewlett Packard’ in the left pane, and find ‘Photosmart 7200′ in the list on the right.
- IMPORTANT: Plug in the Printer now, if it’s not already plugged in, and switch it on.
- Click ‘next’ and then print a test page.
That should do it…
Please let me know if this post was useful with a click!